GATE Exam – Branch Code List
List of Branches with Branch Code for GATE – Nowadays every engineer wants to appear for the GATE Exam but before that, we must have complete information about the gate exam for which Stream GATE Exam is conducted and their branch codes.
Here is a detailed table with branch codes for GATE.
List of Branches with Branch Code for GATE
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
If one can crack GATE, an aspirant can choose the most suitable option from a wide range of roads to travel to his final career destination :
- M.Tech/M.S./ M.E. – Candidates on qualifying GATE, get a financial aid of 12400/- per month in the form of UGC scholarship. After the completion of the course, students get lucrative campus placements in National and International, private or public companies.
- Ph.D. – Candidates with a keen interest in Research and Development can also opt for Ph.D. from IITs/NITs and various other reputed institutions.
- PGDM/PGDIE -Students interested in management can swing in the management line by pursuing a PG Diploma of 2 years in Industrial Engineering. NITIE Mumbai offers the best campus placement after the completion of this course.
- Several reputed PSUs and research organizations recruit on the basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC, etc.
- Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs, reputed educational institutes, etc.
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs, etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs, etc.
- Junior Research Associates/ Senior Project Associates
- Scientists “C” grade jobs
- A career in Research & Development
- Many renowned private firms shortlist candidates for personal interview based on the GATE score.
- A good number of universities abroad also select the candidates on the basis of the GATE score for their M.S or Ph.D. programs.