- GATE Admit Card 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi can unleash the admit card of GATE 2020 on January 3 in online mode. Candidates who complete the registration and fee payment within mere dates for the examination are going to be ready to access GATE 2020 admit card. Details regarding GATE like the venue address, examination date, timings and a lot of are going to be present within the admit card. To download GATE admit card 2020, the candidates can log in through GOAPS using their enrollment number/email ID and password. Just in case of any discrepancies within the admit card of GATE 2020, the candidates need to contact the examination authorities for the rectification of errors. On the examination day, the candidates will be required to present GATE 2020 admit card along with photo identity proof. No candidate is going to be allowed within the examination hall without the admit card of GATE 2020. it’s to be noted that the details mentioned within the admit card won’t be open for modification.
Steps to Download GATE Admit Card 2020
- The admit card of GATE 2020 Exam will be available in online mode. Candidates can follow the given steps to access and download the admit card.
- Go to the official website of GATE 2020 Exam
- Click on the link of GATE 2020 admit card
- Candidates will have to provide their GATE 2020 enrollment number/email ID and password.
- Click on “Submit”
- After submitting the details, the dashboard will be displayed and the candidates will have to click on “Download Admit Card”
- Candidates will have to check the downloaded admit card for any discrepancies.
- Two A4 sized colour printouts of the admit card have to be taken The log in portal for GATE 2020 admit card
- Check “How to download GATE Admit Card?” Which information will be available in GATE 2020 Admit Card? Candidates will be able to access the following details from their admit card of GATE 2020. All of the details have to be checked by the candidates. In case of any mistake, the candidates will have to inform the authorities.
- Name of the candidate
- Registration number
- GATE paper appearing for
- Examination centre code
- Name and address of the exam centre
- Date and day of the exam
- Examination Timing
- Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
- Signature of GATE organizing chairman
- Examination Day Instructions
Identity Proof for Indian Candidates – GATE Exam
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- College ID
- Employee ID
- Driving License
Identity Proof for International Candidates – GATE Exam
- Valid Passport
- Government Issued ID
- College ID
- Employee ID
Important Points of GATE 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
While downloading the admit card of GATE 2020, the candidates are advised to remember the following important points:
- All of the information present in the admit card should be checked by the candidates. The details should be clear and correct.
- The photograph in the admit card should be of clear quality. Those admit card, where the photograph is not identifiable will not be considered valid. If the photograph in the admit card does not match with the person present in the exam centre, then the person will be disqualified.
- In the admit card, the signature should also be clear and should also match the one which will be used in the examination centre.
- The registration number should be clear in the admit card.
- Two A4 size colour printout of the admit card has to be taken out for future use.
Forgot GATE 2020 Enrollment ID and Password?
In case the candidates forget their enrollment ID and password to download GATE Admit Card, they will have to follow the respective given steps.
Steps to Retrieve Enrollment ID to Download GATE Admit Card
- Click on “Forgot Enrollment ID”
- The registered mobile number will have to be submitted by the candidates.
- The enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email ID.
Steps to Retrieve Password to Download GATE Admit Card
- Click on “Request for OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidates
- After the OTP is submitted, the candidates will be able to change their password.
GATE 2020 Admit Card – Exam Day Instructions
- The admit card will have to be presented at the examination centre for verification. Along with the admit card, an original valid photo identification proof specified at the time of filling the application form also has to be presented.
- The candidate’s photograph and signature should be clear and legible in GATE admit card 2020. To make sure the photograph is clear, the candidates are requested to take a coloured printout of the admit card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer.
- Candidates are requested to report at the examination centre at least 60 minutes before the exam starts. Candidates are also advised to visit/locate the center a day before to avoid any last-minute confusion and to reach in time on the exam day.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear in the examination after all of the credentials are verified.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre after 9.30 AM.
- Candidates will be allowed to occupy their allotted seats 45 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam. Candidates will have to log in and start reading all of the instructions 20 minutes before the examination starts.
- The candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination centre before the examination is officially over.
- No electronic devices such as mobile phone, watches and more will be allowed inside the examination centres.
- For calculations, the candidates will be provided with virtual scientific calculators.
- Scribble pads will be provided for rough work. The candidates will be required to write their name and registration number on the scribble pad before it is used. At the end of the exam, the scribble pad has to be returned to the invigilator.
GATE 2020 Zonal Offices Contact Information
|Zone||Contact Address||Email ID of Institutes||Website of Institutes|
|1||Indian Institute of Science, |
Bengaluru 560 012
|2||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,|
Powai, Mumbai 400 076
|3||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,|
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
|4||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,|
Guwahati 781 039
|5||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,|
Kanpur 208 016
|6||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,|
Kharagpur 721 302
|7||Indian Institute of Technology Madras,|
Chennai 600 036
|8||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,|
Roorkee 247 667